Google Hangouts - North and South #3




Another great session on yesterday with our North and South Literature through Movies Google Hangout! Our North and South hangouts for Episode 1 is here and Episode 2 is here.



There is such enthusiasm from these students and I was so impressed by their willingness to think about many sides to any question. This week was especially challenging as we talked about many topics including hate and lying. These are not small topics to talk about! 





I appreciate the way that they can apply the questions to themselves with ease. "What would you do?" questions really bring out two sides of a dilemma. It is one thing to understand what someone else did, but I think it is much more challenging to think about what you would do!
I don't have all the answers either and one of my joys in this class is that I get to learn too! My assumptions are very often challenged by this amazing class!!



We continue to use Google Doc's to share ideas and answers to the questions. The students answer ahead of the class and we collaborate on the Google Doc. I love the way the students are beginning to read other's answers and add comments! Each week this just gets better and better! Episode 3 discussion questions are here

Next week is our last North and South Hangout. These students have asked me to carry on with more Literature through Movies, so I am making choices and watching a lot of great movies!



I have used Pinterest to sort through the choices and then a spreadsheet to keep track of the main questions I would like the students to explore about the films. 

I look forward to exploring many great movies with these students! It is a joy!! I would love to hear film suggestions that you have!
Blessings,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!